IABC/SC Announces 2017 Board of Directors
IABC/SC is proud to announce the 2017 Board of Directors. The Board consists of both returning members and new members.
The following were elected:
- President – Alison Shuman, corporate communications coordinator, Farm Bureau Insurance
- President Elect – Cynthia South, president, South Company
- Past-President – Kevin Floyd, director of marketing and communications, Murphy & Grantland, A.
- Secretary – Bailey Crafton, graphic artist, Nelson Mullins
- Vice President of Communications – Dickson Monk, executive director, Columbia World Affairs Council
- Vice President of Finance – Patrick Cobb, director of communications, AARP
- Vice President of Membership Development and Retention – Michael Ettlemyer, principal, MGE Communications
- Vice Presidents of Professional Development and Programs – Ginny Jones, senior public affairs specialist, SCANA
- Member-at-large – Kimberly South, communications specialist, Palmetto Health
The Board also consists of five directors who serve under a vice president. The director roles are designed to help surface potential officers, acquaint them with the inner workings of the chapter and be a senior advocate for the chapter.
The following members are serving as directors:
- Social Media Director – A. Sully, public affairs officer, United States Army Recruiting Battalion Columbia
- Lowcountry Outreach Director – Liz Guthridge, managing director, Connect Consulting Group
- Upstate Outreach Director – Mike Deas, principal, DEAS Abound
- Monthly Lunches Director – Todd Hudak, senior communications specialist, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Special Events Director – Lauren Prettyman, media specialist, South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation