It’s the best way to connect, collaborate, and craft your career path.
Get a free year of membership!
Renew During October
- You’ll save 10 percent on international IABC dues automatically byrenewing your membership this month. Special discounted pricing has already been applied online starting now.
- Renew this month and automatically be entered in a drawing to receive an IABC Academy All-Access Pass. Even if you aren’t up for renewal in October, you can renew early to take advantage of this offer.
Be an IABC Champion
Join the conversation on social media and share how IABC has helped you to expand your impact. Be sure to include #IABCimpact and #myIABCstory.
* Guidelines: Members who join, renew and refer members to join during the month of October will be entered in a drawing for an IABC Academy All-Access Pass. The member who refers the most members to join during the month of October will receive a one-year subscription to Leaderbox. A free year of membership will be given in exchange for referring four or more new/reinstating members in October. Members may not list themselves as their referral source. Winners will be notified at the conclusion of the promotion, during the first two weeks of November.
Why join IABC?
Here’s what our members appreciate:
Networking – clients, colleagues and friends, jobs
Content – professional development opportunities, knowledge-sharing among members, research, case studies, best practices, and more
Diversity, with an International Flavor – IABC/SC comprises communicators in a wide range of disciplines, career stages and backgrounds. It is part of IABC, which has more than 15,000 members in more than 80 countries throughout the world.
IABC/SC members enjoy a variety of benefits:
Monthly Professional Development Luncheons: IABC/SC hosts dynamic professional development luncheons the second Tuesday of the month at the Summit Club in Columbia, S.C.
Annual Professional Development Conference: The South Carolina Chapters of the International Association of Business Communicators and the Public Relations Society of America join forces each year to present one of the largest conferences in South Carolina for communications professionals covering the latest trends in technology, media relations, corporate communications and much more!
Annual Awards Program: Each year, IABC/SC hosts the Palmetto Awards to recognize outstanding achievements of the Palmetto State’s communications and PR professionals who created, directed or planned incredible work.
Leadership Development: IABC/SC members have the opportunity to serve on various boards and committees within the organization and enhance their personal and professional leadership development objectives.
College Connections: IABC/SC works with the student chapter at the University of South Carolina to sponsor mentoring programs for public relations/communications students.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS COMMUNICATORS MATTER
An organization that supports their communication professionals elevates the standard of professional communication within their organization and benefits from improved organizational communication effectiveness—which impacts key strategic initiatives and drives business results.
- Improvement in communication effectiveness is associated with a 29.5% increase in market value.1
- United Airlines lost nearly US$ 1 billion in market capitalization after it’s 2017 violent customer incident ; a poor initial crisis communication response was partially to blame.2
- PR generates lead conversion rates 10 to 50 times that of advertising conversions.3
- Employees who have access to professional development are 15% more engaged in their jobs and perform at consistently high levels. 5
- Employees with professional development opportunities have 34% higher retention.4
HOW IABC CAN HELP YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Access to peer-to-peer networking and knowledge share
- To keep current with new issues and developments
- To learn new skills and acquire knowledge
With an integrated suite of professional resources, education, and business networking, IABC Corporate Membership connects your entire communication team to the insights and people that drive business results.
SELECT YOUR MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE HERE
Please see this chart for details about the IABC corporate membership packages offered, fees associated with joining and the business building resources included with each package. Once you’ve chosen your package, click the blue button to sign-up for your IABC corporate membership!
1 Connecting Organizational Communication to Financial Performance – 2003/2004 Communication ROI Study” (2003). Watson Wyatt & Company, 3 November 2003
2 McAllister, R. (2017). Crisis preparedness and its impact on shareholder value. Continuitycentral.com. Retrieved 21 March 2018, from http://www.continuitycentral.com/index.php/news/resilience-news/2238-crisis-preparedness and-its-impact-on-shareholder-value
3 Why Public Relations And Media Relations Don’t Mean The Same Thing Anymore. (2014). Fast Company. Retrieved 21 March 2018, from https://www.fastcompany.com/3034498/why-public-relations-and-media-relations-dont-mean-the same-thing-anymore
4 2016 IABC Member Research Analysis
5 The Impact of Professional Development: Exclusive Research. (2018). Better Buys. Retrieved 22 March 2018, from https://www.betterbuys.com/lms/professional-development-impact/
Want to make connections? Here are some of our current members (as of July 2018):
|First Name||Last Name||Member Company|
|Jessica||Barfield||Westinghouse Electric Company|
|April||Blake||BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina|
|Matt||Brady||Charleston Water System|
|Reba||Campbell||Municipal Association of SC|
|Shawna||Cass||Shawna Cass Communications|
|Sarita||Chourey||Municipal Association of South Carolina|
|Maureen||Cody||HSF Affiliates, LLC|
|Bailey||Crafton||Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP|
|Jan||Easterling||Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough|
|Lisa||Emily||FUJIFILM Manufacturing USA, Inc.|
|Michael||Ettlemyer||University of South Carolina|
|Kevin||Floyd||Murphy & Grantland|
|Michelle||Foster||University of South Carolina|
|Juliana||Harris||SC Dept. of Consumer Affairs|
|Wes||Hickman||University of South Carolina|
|Todd||Hudak||BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina|
|Dickson||Monk||Columbia World Affairs Council|
|Lane||Moore||The SC Small Business Chamber of Commerce|
|Peggy||O’Neal-Elliott||Univ of SC Aiken|
|Lauren||Prettyman||South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation|
|Ann||Roberson||South Carolina Department of Insurance|
|Brian||Roessler||Coastal Carolina University|
|Curtis||Rogers||SC State Library|
|Catherine||Romaine||Integrated Communication Consultants|
|Kristy||Rupon||AgFirst Farm Credit Bank|
|Kristin||Scott||BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina|
|Alison||Shuman||Farm Bureau Insurance|
|Deb||Sofield||Deb Sofield Executive Speech & Presentations Co.|
|Leslie Ann||Sully||US Army Recruiting|
|Erica||Taylor||Charleston County School District|
|Melissa||Young||Strategy Communications, LLC|
Become a Member
If you aren’t already a member of IABC, join now and to enjoy all the benefits offered to you locally and globally.
Renew your IABC Membership
Are you a current or lapsed member? Click below to process your membership.
Update Your Account Information
Keep your contact information up to date, especially during career transitions.
Contact the IABC/SC VP of Membership
Be a Volunteer
IABC/SC offers you many ways to give back to the profession. Whether through assisting with an event, being a speaker, or being a sponsor, you can promote the communication profession regardless of whether you are a member.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with IABC while meeting new people and developing skills along the way. Whether you prefer a one-time opportunity or something more ongoing, we have opportunities that work with your interests and availability–putting your skills and energy to good use.
Contact our volunteer coordinator for more info on where your help is currently needed.
Be a Sponsor
Get involved by becoming or suggesting a sponsor for one of our events. Being an IABC/SC sponsor means increased brand awareness, new business development, and networking with other South Carolina communicators. For more information, contact our sponsor coordinator.