The first place to look for a communicator--or for a company to communicate for
IABC/SC posts job opportunities for communicators as a service to the community and the profession. If you are a business wanting to post an open position at your company, please contact our jobs coordinator. Posting fees are $50 per posting, visible for at least 30 days. IABC/SC reserves the right to edit postings to suit website conventions.
The Communication Specialist uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to implement, maintain and manage internal and external communication efforts.
Chief Information Officer
Works with the Director of Public Information to coordinate distribution of accurate, timely, and transparent information about the School District to both internal and external public:
· promote a better understanding of the School District’s brand, objectives, programs, and achievements;
· promote a community climate of support for the district; provide communication services to schools and departments including: strategic communications, media relations, social media, crisis communication, communications planning, and content creation.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications marketing, journalism or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferred.
Please submit publicly available web links to the requested work samples within your application:
· At least one item demonstrating your experience and proficiency in graphic design.
· At least one example of a website you have created and/or managed, along with a written statement summarizing your specific role and duties.
· At least one item demonstrating your experience and proficiency in video production.
1. Promote, publicize and archive FCSD1 news, activities and successes in the improvement of learning, teaching and student achievement through all communication platforms and area media outlets including print, imagery and video.
2. Coordinate and monitor communications between the school district and community including social media.
3. Serve as a contact for media inquiries and requests for information. Disseminate information when necessary in response to media inquiries.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with the local media, including newspaper and electronic outlets.
5. Assist school personnel and school organizations in planning and publicizing schoolrelated events or activities.
6. Assist with a variety of district events including Opening and Closing day programs and other District sponsored functions.
7. Provide creative support for internal and external communication efforts including print publications, web sites, electronic communication, community engagement, media and video productions.
8. Provide support to district staff as needed related to the use of communication platforms in the district.
9. Assist in the production and distribution of regular and special school district publications (i.e. community staff newsletters, Board of Education meeting briefs, calendars, informational brochures, handbooks, directories, maps, good news notices, etc.)
10. Attend offhours district meetings and events to gather information and media for publication.
11. Prepare information packets as necessary for school district stakeholders.
12. Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective communication program.
1. Assist District Office and School Site Administrators in communicating effectively with all stakeholders
2. Maintain a consistent brand identity, along with standards, policies and resources (ie: templates) to facilitate use throughout the District
3. Develop core messages to be communicated consistently and identify and pursue opportunities to communicate these messages to key target audiences (staff and students, parents, community members, alumni and prospective families)
4. Assist with recognizing efforts of school system students, employees and volunteers
5. Maintain professional relationships with newspapers and other media representatives
6. Gather information and prepare news releases, including appropriate photographs, for mass media as well as special publications, including student and Staff recognition
7. Develop written and video content for website and social media and ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy of information provided
8. Create, review, edit and critique written and video materials about the District and its programs
9. Oversee the production of District publications as appropriate, and assists Sites and Departments in the development of informational materials, video, brochures, letters, events, speeches and related items
10. Develop and maintain a cost-effective budget
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
2. Demonstrated skills in writing and editing.
3. Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
4. Demonstrated success in implementing strong communication campaigns
5. Thorough knowledge of media operations.
6. Experience with web design, publication, and graphic design.
7. Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging communication platforms.
8. Competencies in desktop publishing skills and graphic production and design (Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
9. Experience with gathering and editing video.
10. Ability to adapt to emerging technologies.
11. Possess problem solving skills and reasoning ability.
12. Ability to work with students, staff, parents & community members in a positive manner.
13. Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues that supports a cooperative work environment.
Terms of Employment:? 239Days
Pay Range: $30,000 – $50,000
Job open through 7/31/18. Click here to apply.
DHEC – MEDIA RELATIONS PUBLIC INFORMATION DIRECTOR I
Link to job post on jobs.sc.gov HERE
A PDF of the listing can be downloaded HERE
|Opening Date:||Fri. 07/06/18|
|Closing Date/Time:||Sun. 07/15/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time|
|State Salary Range:||$39,960.00 – $73,935.00 annually|
|Agency Hiring Range:||Min: $39,960 Max:$65,000|
|Job Type:||FTE – Full-Time|
|Location:||Richland County, South Carolina|
|Normal Work Schedule:||Monday – Friday (8:30 – 5:00)|
The Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is a state agency charged with promoting and protecting the health of the environment and the public in South Carolina. The agency has approximately 3,400 employees who work across the state to support a vision of healthy people living in healthy communities.
The Public Information Officer position is responsible for serving as a spokesperson for the agency, including collaborating with agency subject matter experts to develop responses to media inquiries; writing and distributing press releases; conducting on-camera interviews; developing and managing content for the employee portal, social media, and other written materials; monitoring local, state, and national media outlets for information pertinent to the agency; and, helping conduct media relations training for agency staff.
The position reports to the Director of Media Relations and requires an individual with excellent written and oral communications skills, project management expertise, and strong interpersonal skills.
A Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of professional experience in print/broadcast journalism or public information dissemination.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and work with subject matter experts to communicate complex technical information in a way that is relevant and compelling to the general public.
- Experience prioritizing workloads and meeting strict deadlines in an environment with multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Experience writing and placing stories and editorials in electronic and print media.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the field of public information dissemination
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing public relations strategies for an organization.
- Professional experience in a health or environmental-related field
- Demonstrated on-camera experience
For more information; call 803-898-4443