The first place to look for a communicator--or for a company to communicate for
IABC/SC posts job opportunities for communicators as a service to the community and the profession. If you are a business wanting to post an open position at your company, please contact our jobs coordinator. Posting fees are $50 per posting, visible for at least 30 days. IABC/SC reserves the right to edit postings to suit website conventions.
Communications Associate, Central Carolina Community Foundation (Full Time)
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $130+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our role as a catalyst for philanthropy, a community builder, collaborator, and provider of grants and scholarships continues to grow. The Communications Associate will have the unique opportunity to engage the Community Foundation’s various audiences to increase the Foundation’s impact and build the reputation of the organization.
Reporting to the Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager, you will support our team in the execution of strategic communication campaigns for a variety of audiences and internal teams. You will use your outstanding verbal and written communication skills to create, launch, and evaluate best-in-class communication strategies and tactics in coordination with the team. This position is ideal for a motivated and digital savvy professional who is interested in leading the Foundation’s social media presence, developing digital content, and communicating the Foundation’s story across multiple platforms.
- Expand the Foundation’s social media presence, developing and executing data-driven strategies and campaigns in coordination with the Communications Manager
- Produce engaging material for social media (e.g. graphics, videos, photo slideshows, posts, etc.)
- Track and share social media analytics
- Coordinate content production for the Foundation’s website and blog
- Contribute to, track, and implement digital projects on the communication editorial calendar
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to ensure digital content is current on all appropriate platforms
- Ensure digital content is current on Foundation’s initiative websites
- Maintain email lists and utilize email tools such as A/B testing, segmenting, and workflows to develop data driven email campaigns that engage the Foundation’s key audiences
- Manage social media advertising campaigns
Content Creation & Integrated Marketing
- Source, write, proofread, edit, and post content for a variety of communication channels including website, blog, collateral materials, quarterly newsletters, email, and social media
- Support media relations efforts by assisting with writing and distributing press releases and media advisories
- Manage and maintain stationery supply, ensuring designs follow brand standards
- Develop content to support marketing strategies of Foundation’s initiatives
- Assist in fulfillment of Community Foundation sponsorship obligations
- Maintain photo and video catalog, working with photographers and videographers to secure needed assets
- Other duties as requested
- B.S. or B.A., preferably with an emphasis on Marketing or Communications
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Digitally savvy – a natural at social media who loves to experiment with the latest storytelling tools and think strategically about engagement. Experience managing social media for an organization
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player/leader with open-mindedness to collaborate
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work on various projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and MailChimp (or similar email platform) required as well as the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Video editing capability and photography skills a plus
$36,000 – $40,000
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2019
Cherise Arrendale, Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager, Central Carolina Community Foundation
For more information about Central Carolina Community Foundation, please visit our website:
Every staff employed by the Foundation is expected to possess honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness and courteousness; high energy and a positive attitude; a dedication to quality and accuracy; an ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office; an ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision; good oral and written communication skills.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.
Senior Consultant, SC DHEC
This position is located within the Health Regulation Leadership Team.
Under the supervision of the Director of Policy and Communications for Health Regulation serves as the primary point of contact for the regulation promulgation process within Health Regulation. Works with Health Regulation programs in the development and amendment of regulations to include oversight of formatting and ensuring that proposed regulations meet all style and formatting requirements. Facilitates regulation promulgation meetings with the regulated community and Health Regulation programs.
Oversees public comment periods, including the online public comment form, and facilitates receipt and response to comments with the Health Regulation programs. Must present regulations and enforcement actions at the DHEC Board meetings and at legislative committee meetings, when requested. Coordinates the stakeholder and internal/external customer outreach, awareness, and engagement for Health Regulation. Initiates and implements outreach requests and promotes Health Regulation related causes and issues.
Facilitates content management and updates to the Health Regulation related web pages on the DHEC website and ensures Health Regulation related web pages are current and user friendly. Assists with media, legislative, and constituent inquiry responses for Health Regulation to assure thorough, timely and accurate information is provided to internal/external customers. Participates in emergency preparedness and response activities and facilitates communication with the regulated community.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
State Minimum Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree and professional experience related to the position.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements:
Knowledge of statutes, regulations, and legislative and regulatory processes. Experience with promulgating regulations, legal research, communications outreach, and website content management. Strong written and oral communications skills.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
A Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, Political Science, Public Administration, or related degree and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related field.
DRIVING RECORD: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
2600 Bull St
Columbia, SC 29201
***REPOST*** SENIOR CONSULTANT-61058878/88775