JUDGING AND WINNING
Entries are judged and scored individually, not against other entries in a category. An entry can receive an Award of Merit or an Award of Excellence based on the scores. By entering and attending the event, you are able to:
- Benchmark your work against the best from other professional communicators
- Receive valuable, qualitative feedback
- Impress clients, those within your organization, and potential employers
- An award to proudly display in your office
- Your name and company name on the IABC/SC website
- Division winners are considered for the annual “Star of the Show” award
All entries must have been produced between June 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019. You do not have to be an IABC member to enter. But, members do receive discounted pricing. Here is how to enter:
- Select a work sample. Tell your best story.
- Choose a category. You may enter the same work sample in multiple
- Complete the work plan. Each entry must have a separate work plan.
- Upload your completed entry* here.
- Pay the entry fee with a check, credit card or money order.
*Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
The following fees are per entry and do not include a ticket to the awards ceremony:
- IABC Members: $75
- Non-members: $90
- Students: $25
You can pay these fees with a credit card via PayPal when uploading an entry. If paying by check or money order, send to:
PO Box 1814
Columbia, SC 29202
The deadline to upload here is Thursday, August 1 at 5 p.m.
Contact the Palmetto Awards Chair, Bailey Crafton, at email@example.com or 803.255.5525.
A work plan is required for each entry and will count for half of your final score. Each work plan should:
- Provide details about your objectives
- Explain how the project/program was developed
- Showcase results
The work plan must be a single PDF file and may not exceed three pages (minimum of 10-point font) in the format below.
- Category Name: ___________________________________________
- Category Code (letter and number): ______________________________
- Entry Title: ________________________________________________
- Entrant’s Name: ____________________________________________
- Entrant’s Company or Organization: ______________________________
- Client’s Name (if applicable): ___________________________________
PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY
What was the purpose of this effort? What need or opportunity did it address? How did the need/opportunity affect the organization? In other words: Why did you do what you did?
Describe your intended audience(s) and audience characteristics that caused you to select this solution over other available approaches. In other words: Who are you trying to reach and why?
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
What measurable and/or specific objectives did you set for your project? Why did you choose the medium you used? In other words: How would you know if and when you succeeded?
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION AND PRODUCTION
Describe the chosen product/approach, its elements, schedules, budget, limitations, available resources, etc. How did you deal with any limits or challenges that could have affected the results? In other words: How did you do what you did?
RESULTS AND EVALUATION
What indicators did you use to measure each objective? What results were achieved? In other words: How successful were you?
After you submit your work plan, you will be able to upload a maximum of five work sample files. Your sample files must be in PDF, PNG, JPG, GIF, MP4, TIF, WAV, WMV, M4V, or MOV formats. If you want to submit more than five work samples, you should combine them into fewer files. Each file is limited to 2 GB (2,000 MB) in size.
IABC/SC links organizational business communicators to a global network of communication professionals who develop, establish and adhere to the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organizational/business communication. The association strives to foster understanding and respect toward integrating communication activities in organizations/businesses. If you are interested in joining IABC/SC, please click here.